Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Are your perceived offenses really just a road block???

This thought just hit me while I was looking over some self-help, solo-prenuer offerings.  As I was looking at some of the titles and descriptions, some of them kinda offended me!

"Live a First Class Life"  was one that stuck in my craw a bit. Why??? Because my perception of what "first class" is has to do with the money/class system.

Now I am getting as close to poor as I want to get at the moment, so to see an advertisement for making money as representing being "first class" really bothered me.  I may be poor, but I think I am still a classy dame!  *insert winky face here...

But it all boiled down to my perception of the class systems we have been taught and have had engrained in our minds... for eons, well maybe as long as capitalism (just my opinion here folks).
The "I need to be rich so I can have self-worth" ideals and morals that have dictated society and out culture for so long.  A first class life has more than just the obvious meaning of wealth, it is how you live your true self and walk your talk.

Another thing I thought of was...Once you know some of the tools of the trade I have a hard time moving forward because I feel like I have been duped by the hype and have followed blindly like the other "sheepeople"  who are looking for that life-raft in a sea of despair.  I don't like being "sheepeople" and the thought of it truly, truly bothers me.  Or, is it all just negative self talk and I need to pull up my individualized big girl panties, and go kick some metal ass and take charge of the situation???  * again, insert the Horns  \m/   DO I fight this inner gut feeling and keep saying it is for my own good and I have let myself fall into the negative trappings of other peoples opinions of me.. or at least my own perceived trappings of what I think they are thinking... yeah, say that three times fast!!  I mean I have pretty good intuition, but sometimes... I can think of a lot of good negative schnaa just from my own head, fed by doubts.  DO I realize that I am not duping other people by using known formulas for making a successful business, and know that as long as I am being straight forward and ethical, I am doing an alright thing??    Yeah, welcome to my world that is inside my head!   So, that is the next thing I am working on.  To do business you have to use a bit of psychology to show people what you have to offer and that they "should be" interested in it enough to buy.  Now to find my comfort zone in all that so I can do what needs to be done, but still not feel like the stereo-typed "used car salesman."   I know what I offer is good, made with love and positive intention... I just hate the sales pitch portion of the program!

I know I will be out of my slump soon, I am learning the how-tos and expanding my thoughts, and until then I know I can be First Class and a comfortable solution to selling is within reach.... even with 0 dollars in the bank, because I am one classy dame!

Thank you, White Light and Blessings to All!  <3


No comments:

Post a Comment