Friday, May 30, 2014

Rock N Roll Queen.....

Aahhh, how fitting I am a week late for this post, but made the release for this song ... and of course it is from Joe Elliott of Def Leppard and The Quire Boys.  Paying a bit of homage to one of the musicians/bands that inspired them as kids growing up... "Mott the Hoople, and various side projects of Mott, Ian Hunter, and British Lions" (Link to article)   Much like I would love to do to show my appreciation of what Def Leppard has done for me over the past 30+ years.

Def Leppard has been in my life since about the sixth or seventh grade. They have been my passion ever since.  The melodies, harmonies, rhythm, and lyrics take me to someplace I can get lost in and find my passions again.  I think it is the echoing background vocals and harmonies that play against the lead vocals that really does it for me. You see I used to sing in choir back in the day, and vocalists are my downfall.. hehe   (Although I usually end up with a drummer... what's up with that??) 

I even have their Def Leppard logo tattooed on my left upper arm... yes, that dedicated!  And I will be seeing them when they are with KISS this Summer!! But there are other bands I truly love as well, way too many to name, but I will tell you a few for right now because they are on the top of my brain at the moment.

Next is KiLLeR DWaRfS, one of the good things about my daughter's dad was his taste in music. (I honestly think I stayed with him as long as I did b/c of that... but that's another story!)  He introduced me to so many bands that most people had not heard of yet, Killer Dwarfs was among them.  They are without a doubt, one of the most lyrically inspiring bands out there.  And yes, I know there are more bands out there as well, but these guys for some reason have a special spot in my heart, and brain because I can get Keep That Spirit Alive, Stand Tall, We Stand Alone, and/or Dirty Weapons to name a few, stuck in my head all day long... and in such a great way!  It puts a kick in my step and a smile on my face.  And then there is the new one from last Summer, Start@One album that I need to pick up.  I've heard it on Spotify and love it.

I was a little freaked out when I heard that they were in a five car accident after leaving the Rocklahoma Festival just the other day.  Russ Dwarf (vocalist) was injured with non life threatening injuries, and has been released and they are all back home in Canada now.

So on to another band, and vocalist that I love, Kevin Martin and Candlebox.  There is an overall sound that I get lost in with this band.  Like other bands, I get transported, I get lost in the sound.  Music is my meditation, it is my mind altering experience, where I can go to release all the good and all of the bad.  I have other genres that I listen to as well, and different styles of rock I enjoy as well.  I will cover all as this series progresses.  But music is the one true thing that I can say "I belong" too, it has never let me down, it has never argued with me about their opinion, and has always fed my passion.  I don't follow sports or other media celebrities, and music is my drug of choice.  Back in the HS days all I wanted was a soda and my music.  It is becoming full circle now, because that is where I seem to be as well.  (Rarely drink or have cigs anymore.. we are talking months inbetween!)

Well as I seem to be almost rambling now... either that or I am getting to caught up in my music (KiLLeR DWaRfS of Spotify)  I hope you enjoy the links, and the journey as I go floating through all of the tunes that bring passion to me!  White Light and Blessings!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment